Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Twenty Eight and a Half Wishes By Denise Grover Swank

Review of Twenty Eight and a Half Wishes, written by Denise Grover Swank.

I read this book a few weeks ago and wanted to do a review, only I wasn't sure how. I have wrote and re wrote this review. I still don't think what I have to say gives this book justice but, I want people, readers to know how much I loved in this book. I was warned that I would get anything done. So knowing the reader I am-I get totally lost in my books especially great ones-I cleaned, had laundry caught up, as much as one can, and dinner made early. I even gave the kids their baths and put them down early. I was prepared to start the book.
Somewhere around 2 or 3 in the morning, when I my husband woke up and realised I wasn't in bed and came to see why I was still up, and several gripping chapters into I went to bed.
I often dream about the characters I read about. I was glad to dream about Rose and Joe.

The next day I woke up early to read and did so until breakfast and continued through lunch. I did stop and feed my kids and then sat right back down with out eating. Later that night I finished Twenty Eight and a Half Wishes. I dreamed about Rose and Joe AGAIN!!! And I thought about them for the next day or week.

About the book. I my opinion it was greatly written and very captivating. The personalities of the characters were intertwined into the story. Everything Rose did you knew was something Rose would do. There were no wavers in their personalities or plot. I never found myself thinking, "now that doesn't seem like Rose or MaMa." Or wondering why we the author lead us in this direction. Everything tied together and plot twist was revealed.
And let me tell you, there where some twist! Denise kept the mystery through out the book and touch of paranormal was perfect.
Rose and her visions were central to the story but not always correct. They sometimes showed her things that made no sense and sometimes showed her things that happened very differently. I don't want to say to much about these visions and give anything away.
Rose and Joe's relationship is a rocky one and has as many twists as the plot its self.
I know I will be picking this book up again soon. Actually I'm needing something to read right now! I think I'll read it again. And if you haven't read it. You can find it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I also believe it is on Smashwords!!

Thanks again Denise for writing such five-star book!! I can't wait for Sept. 20th when her knew book CHOSEN comes out.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much for writing such an awesome review!!! When you said you dreamed about Rose and Joe, I literally squeeed!!!! I am so glad that you love them as much as I do!!!

    You have totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete